Rolling Shot's

Automobilių ir kitos foto.
Klubo draugas

Rolling Shot's

Postby Martinas » 2009-01-28, 11:28

Sveiki visi :)
Cia bevartant vien foruma pagalvojau, o kodel pas mus nera tokios temos :)
Tai gal pradedu as, o pratesime visi kartu ;)
Plius dedu aprasyma, jei kam idomu, kaip geriausia padaryti tokius shot'us ;)

Rolling Shots:

thelumpya2 wrote:I get asked about rolling (tracking.. for you brits) shots usually at least once a day by somebody..

I had included this little tutorial in another thread and often find myself referencing the thread, or linking people to it, so I figured it deserved a sticky of its own..

hell.. I learned everything I know from asking other people.. so who am I to keep the knowledge I have hidden away :)

here it goes..

Optimal Conditions
Your best bet is to get on a somewhat vacant, double laned stretch of road with a speed limit of 55 or above so you can do at least 65-70 mph..

It really helps if the camera car and the subject car are moving at the same speed. So a camera car that has Cruise Control is a big help, becuase then the driver of the subject car simply has to match the constant speed.

Also, try and shoot the car about an hour or 2 before the sun sets, and make sure the direction you are going on the road, has the sun lighting up the front 3/4 side of the car so you don't get any funky shadows.. although if its an overcast day, this is not as much of an issue.

keep in mind.. what I have described above are the "optimal" conditions under which to shoot rolling shots, but we all know that everything doesn't work out perfectly every time, so make due with what you can :)

Camera Settings

Everybody has a differnet preference, but I prefer to shoot rolling shots in Shutter priority mode. This way, I can set my shutter speed exactly where I want it to produce the motion blurred background that is desired when trying to capture a motion shot.

Once the camera is in Shutter priority mode (Tv), you can use your aperature button (on most canon's, I dunno about nikon) to set the camera to automatically over or underexpose the shots by holding it down and scrolling the setting wheel. We all know that the internal light meter on most cameras doesn't always expose things perfectly when set dead middle, so use your best judgement on this. Generally, if i'm shooing in bright sunlight, I set it to underexpose a click or two. But on grey days (overcast) I usually leave the exposure spot on, if not a click above.

When shooting rolling shots, the idea is to shoot at the lowest shutter speed possible, while still capturing a crisp image of the subject car. That is why its very helpful if both cars are moving at the exact same speed, because you will produce more quality shots. I usually start with a 1/10 shutter speed. I try to remain as steady as possible, and shoot between bumps in the road so my arms and camera aren't being jarred as I push the shutter button down. I shoot somewhere between 25-50 shots at 1/10th depending on how smooth the road is and how good the conditions are. If you can get a crisp shot at this speed, the results are usually quite awesome. I then click up to 1/13th and fire off another round, then work my way up doing the same until I've reached 1/25th. I usually don't shoot any higher than 1/25 for rolling shots, so that I'm sure to capture the motion well, but for those of you who just can't seem to get it, you can try moving up to 1/40 even 1/60 and you'll still get some good blur. Also, the faster the cars are going, the better chance you have of getting motion blur at higher shutter speeds.

These are all the technical aspects of shooting rolling shots that I can think of. Everything else beyond that is your own creativity. Angles, Composition, Lighting, Location... ect. And most of that stuff is a matter of opinion and interperatation.

Hope this helps.

Happy shooting 8)

Klubo draugas

Re: Rolling Shot's

Postby Martinas » 2009-01-28, 11:33

Niu va galima pradeti ta dziaugsma :)

Klubo draugas

Postby Karoliz » 2009-01-28, 11:41

Iš esmės, tikrai geram rolling shotui reik rig'o. Bet aišku gražių foto galima padaryt ir iš kitos mašinos fotkinant, tik fonas nebus daug išplautas...

Asas

Postby Samtron » 2009-01-28, 12:08

Klubo draugas

Postby Karoliz » 2009-01-28, 12:11

Man tai kažkaip nieko ypatingo, va Martino pati pirma su s14 tai super...

Klubo draugas

Postby Karoliz » 2009-01-28, 16:47

Senbuvis

Postby zilva » 2009-01-28, 16:54

dar keletas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
G-Tea-Eye

Patyręs

Postby bolidas.com » 2009-01-28, 17:00

as manau geriau savo auto rolling shootus dekit :)
Studija8
“Whenever I’m suffering from insomnia, I just look at a picture of a Toyota Camry and I’m straight off.”

--Jeremy Clarkson

Klubo draugas

Postby ChiziK » 2009-01-28, 17:05

bolidas.com wrote:as manau geriau savo auto rolling shootus dekit :)

O tokiu nera :lol:
TDI
...no sense in having a nice looking car that runs like crap...

Klubo draugas

Postby Martinas » 2009-01-28, 17:49

kad cia visi su nevaziuojanciais kibirais, tik seiles varvinam i tokius grazius VAG'us ir svajojam :D

Pradedantysis

Postby Mariuxs » 2009-01-28, 18:25

:) na jo, vieni fotografuoja is sono vaziuojancias masinas kaip kad automobiliu sporto varzybose, kiti padeda mini tripod'a ant kapoto ar dar kokios vietos ir tiesiog su uzlaikymu nustate kamerai rezima fotografuoti pastuma rankomis automobili, arba tiesiog letai eina paskui automobili kuris tik letai letai rieda, beveik einanciojo greiciu :D arba kaip profesionaliausiai tai nadoja Car Rig fotografijai specialius rinkinukus t.y specialius tvirtinamus laikiklius jusu fotoaparatui, kurie tvirtinasi prie kebulo

keletas pvz jusu orentacijai : Image

[img]http://www.photorepetto.com/Extreme%20Sport/FIAT%20Coupé/Camera-Car_ME6P2028.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.photorepetto.com/Extreme%20Sport/FIAT%20Coupé/Camera-Car_ME6P2027.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.photorepetto.com/Extreme%20Sport/FIAT%20Coupé/Kiup_MG_6944.jpg[/img]

viskas labai praprasta :D tiesiog pritvirtini kamera prie spec stovo ir letai vaziuoji. paspaudus is remote mygtuka fotografuoti gauname sufokusuota automobili ir issiliejusi vaizda aplinkoje. :idea: tada stovas graziai nuimamas su nuotrauku redagavimo programomis, arba jo tiesiog nesimato. ziurint kur tvirtinamas
Last edited by Mariuxs on 2009-01-28, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
skype m.a.r.i.u.x.s.

Klubo draugas

Postby Martinas » 2009-01-28, 18:43

Karoli idek tu Vasiuko atrasta stova :D. Arba veliau as idesiu. Cia kazkokiu sasulku primete :D

Pradedantysis

Postby Mariuxs » 2009-01-28, 18:48

martinas wrote:Karoli idek tu Vasiuko atrasta stova :D. Arba veliau as idesiu. Cia kazkokiu sasulku primete :D

kokiu dar sasulku :D
:drinkers:
skype m.a.r.i.u.x.s.

Klubo draugas

Postby Martinas » 2009-01-28, 18:52

Na bukvaliai va kur laikiklis :D

O cia rimtas samecas stovas :D

Pradedantysis

Postby Mariuxs » 2009-01-28, 19:01

geras lietvamzdis :D